About Edenfield Nursery
Fountains of Knowledge is UK registered charity and is the proprietor of Al-Ikhlaas Primary School [Outstanding 2017] and Edenfield Nursery. The charity was set up in the late 1990s and has been involved in education and outreach work in the local community. It has a vision of providing high standards of education in order to nurture, develop and inspire future generations.
After huge success with its primary school, the charity has expanded with a new nursery and a secondary school in Nelson.
Nurture, Develop and Inspire our children to achieve academic, behavioural and moral excellence, allowing them to live as happy, successful individuals.
Aims and Objectives
Edenfield Nursery was established in pursuance of academic excellence bound by a strong moral ethos. The ethos of the nursery is founded upon identifying and nurturing the skills and talents of individual children and to assist and encourage them to realise their full potential and to understand how they can contribute to their communities as well-equipped British citizens. We promote social responsibility, tolerance and inclusion for all.
We are committed to providing the highest quality of educational provision for all our children - which will enable them to reach their full potential and attain the levels of knowledge, understanding and skills that British and International society demands for their future lives. Edenfield Nursery is built upon 5 pillars:
- Achieve the highest standards in education, behaviour and morals.
- Create a safe, caring and inclusive environment that is well organised and comprehensively resourced to facilitate effective learning.
- Provide opportunities to develop social skills to enable children to work with the diverse groups British society is composed of, and to demonstrate a caring attitude towards others and the world around them.
- Develop a partnership with parents and the wider community to provide the best for their children, both in their learning and personal development, improving their wellbeing and life outcomes.
- Provide opportunities for all children to experience the splendour and marvel of the world in which they live through exciting, stimulating learning and play activities, which they may not have experienced before.
We will continually strive to achieve the nursery’s aims and objectives through a curriculum which offers diverse, rich experiences and opportunities:
Positive, ambitious and clearly focused leadership from the proprietor and senior leadership team.
The whole staff team working together to do its best for our children.
The whole staff team being good role models for our children.
The whole staff team having high expectations of our children’s moral, social, behavioural and academic performance.
Well planned, exciting and challenging teaching that develops lively, enquiring and open minds in our children.
Keeping abreast of curriculum and regulation changes and developments.
Creating stimulating and attractive learning environments in which our children can take pride.
Fostering a calm, secure and purposeful working atmosphere that nurtures self-esteem and confidence.
Promote personal and moral values that are respectful of others, leading to their appreciation and tolerance of other religions and other ways of life.
Working in partnership with parents, staff and the local community to enrich opportunities for our children.