Each child/family at Edenfield Nursery is assigned a key person and the specific aspects of that role are stated below.
The role of the key person is to:
- Take a pro-active role in encouraging and entering into a partnership with the child and their parent/carers.
- Be the initial point of contact for the child and parent/carers at the settling in time.
- Explain how staff work co-operatively to meet the needs of all children.
- Ensure that all children are ‘known’ and to develop a special awareness of key children. To achieve this through working alongside them in a balance of adult-led, freely chosen and child- initiated activities, through indoor and outdoor play. By making observations and by exchanging information and knowledge with parent/carers, other staff members and should the need arise with other professionals
- Adhere to an agreed Learning Journal standard (see Learning Journal Guidance below),
- Seek to engage and support parent/carers in guiding their child’s development at home by sharing ideas for the child’s ways forward
- Help families engage with more specialist support if appropriate
- Speak with parent/carers at the initial and other parent/carers and staff consultations
- Adhere to all the requirements of our Staffing Policy.